Should I be mad at her or am i over reacting?

So my dh and I are having hard times, we had to move in with his mother when we both lost our job. Ever since we moved in I have been helping her with things around the house and sometimes watching my nieces. Today she asked me "I'm going to go to the store watch the twins"(my 2 nieces) SHE DIDN'T EVEN ASK!!!! and when I told her no b/c I don't feel well today, she blew up! Started saying 'well I take care of my grand kids when I'm tired, and I don't always feel good. so next time I'm going to say no' I told her to do that b/c she is always complaining how tired she is but yet she agrees to take care of all her 8 grand kids at once. She went on and made me feel really bad, like every thing I have done doesn't matter. It really hurt my feelings. My DH told her that I always do everything for her, and she was still just complaining, so she went to the store with her 3 grand kids. Heres the kicker though, the father of the kids

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree with the PP. While I can see why it bothered you, you are in her house and you may have to just suck it up for a while and do things you don't really want to do in order to keep the peace. You don't have to be a doormat, but you may have to do more than you would really like to do. On the positive side, she sounds like a good grandma that loves her grandkids!
    luvmyguyandgirl

Answer by luvmyguyandgirl at 11:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• was at the house, and he wanted me to watch his kids!!!! I am so pissed yet I don't know if I'm in the wrong
    Lovin_mybaby5

Comment by Lovin_mybaby5 (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You are in a bad spot.You will just have to be nice and try to make the best of it until you guys can move out.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Just say you have too much going on & you can't watch his kids.

As far as you mother in law goes, you're just going to have to give her a big eye roll behind her back. She is letting you stay there. If i were in your shoes, i would have watched my neices even if i was not feeling well, but i would explain to her that she needs to ask next time because you might have something to do, or somewhere to be. You can solve any head butt with kind words & understanding.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I tell her that but she takes me for grant..even if I have some where to be she doesn't care. she always wants me to do what she wants...
    Lovin_mybaby5

Comment by Lovin_mybaby5 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010