NYC - must see places & restaurant

My hubby and 15 yr old daughter are going to NYC. I would love suggestions on places to go (please dont list the obvious). Places that the locals know of or places that are not on the usual tourest map.

And we would love some restaurant suggestions.... off the beaten path but yummy. Money isnt a main concern but I dont think they want a $400 meal for two.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Travel

• We went by the Soup Nazi's kitchen (the one they made into the storyline on Seinfeld) and it was fun- his soup was delicious! Hell's Kitchen Flea Market was fun.
    ..Sarah..

Answer by ..Sarah.. at 11:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'm always dreaming about going there.
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 11:00 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I live in NYC, so I have a bundle of favorites, but one of my absolute favorite things to do with guests is to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and then eat at Grimaldi's, a delicious pizza joint on the other side of the bridge in Brooklyn (possibly best in the city).

Another thing I love to do is go to Governor's Island in the NY Harbor. The ferry is free, and it's a great escape from the city, perfect for a picnic. Also, fantastic views of downtown Manhattan, the Statue of Liberty, and the rest of the Harbor.

Have a great trip!
    kaytee17

Answer by kaytee17 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Walk around Chinatown and Little Italy, lots of things to see.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:22 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• Sarah, I like your answer - voted it up!! lol
    smokeybear

Answer by smokeybear at 1:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2010