dogsitting problems

My friend watched my dog when I went on vacation.In return I am watching her two dogs for 9 days.One of them is a sweet dog.One of them has issues.she gave me a crate to keep him in at night.He is a door scratcher.but after 3 days he started nipping at us.like when we try to get him to do something he doesn't want to.I don't want to keep him caged up all the time.but I don't want anyone in my house to get bit.any suggestions?She comes back in 4 days.

evelynwest

Asked by evelynwest at 11:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pets

• When he nips at you firmly and loudly say "Out" and have everyone else in the house do the same. And do this every time he does something you don't like. Like scratching at the door. What kind of dog is he anyway? Our dog used to nip at the heels but he is a blue heeler which herds by nipping at the heels. He grew out of that quickly by us doing the out thing and a few too many times getting his head accidentally stepped on because he would put his head under moving feet.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 11:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• call her and ask her
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 11:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010