Do you keep your books and movies organized? Or are they just stuck in the shelf?

I organized all mine the other night. They look so pretty now!
How do you organize them?
I put all ours in alphabetical order by author, then put the series in order and have the movies set up by type (horror, kid, chickflick) and alphabetical.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I oraganize according to the subject and types of books. We have enough books to start a small library...lol. Movies I oraganize accoring to family or adult interest.. Adult interest would be like romantic, drama and suspense. It depands the level of these things as to whether the kids would be able to watch it or not.
    debj49

Answer by debj49 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• MY books and movies are all organized. The kids... Not so much!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• they were but they never get put back where they go
    USPS-I-DELIVER

Answer by USPS-I-DELIVER at 11:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I used to. All in alphabetical order or just by size at least. But then they just all got thrown up there in the move.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:12 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I keep my books/movies apart from my husbands. Then I keep the ones in a series together. That is my only organization.
    MaryBethBest

Answer by MaryBethBest at 11:13 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Movies are alphabetical. Books are lumped together with like books. Paperbacks with paperbacks, etc.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My books are organized as much as can be. As a military family, we are packing and unpacking every few years and I make sure those are the first to be unpacked. The movies? Ours are fairly organized, but the kids' movies? Not so much.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:18 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• they are organized...for now. once my DD sees them she will start pulling them out and leaving them everywhere. i keep them alphabetized by title in 2 sections. one is all the movies DD can watch and the other is all the movies DD wont be watching anytime soon (and they are semi-locked up).

books are alphabetized by author & size. i like my books to go from biggest to smallest in size in 2 groups along the sides of the bookcase, alternating on each shelf. and i keep series together.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• DVDs are organized in binders by genre. Books are organized by topic (non-fiction) or author (fiction). We have LOTS of books though, so they are also organized by bookshelf. The cookbooks are on their own set of shelves near the kitchen, the books we are currently using for homeschooling are on shelves in the dining room, etc.. Many of our (my husband's and my) reading books are in boxes right now because we're working on the library, but they would normally be in alphabetical order by author. The books that my kids keep in their rooms are a different story. All I ask is that they get put back on their shelves, I don't care where. Their movies must go back in their binders, but again, I don't care if they're in any particular order.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 11:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010