what are some fun summer day trips?

Was wondering what you do with your kid(s) on days when it's nice out for ideas on what to do this weekend. I would love to take her to the zoo, but my brother and I are trying to schedule it so we can take the kids together (I hate the drive to down town to get there, and don't want to go/drive by myself, lol). But what other fun things to do you with your kid(s)?

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 11:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we're hoping to get to the zoo this summer...and also hopefully the water/fun park that's near us. we like to go the park and the lake also, and those are free! lol
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• The zoo, the pool, the waterpark, the hands on museum (if you have one), a national park (or a regular park).
    luvmyguyandgirl

Answer by luvmyguyandgirl at 11:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We visit all the parks around our area alot to mix it up... We have found bike/walking trails in our area we bike... Check out your cities main page & there may be ideas there that can help you... We love anything free/cheap & the city usually provides ideas for stuff like that..
    Depending on her age even a picnic can be exciting, throwing balls, scavenger hunt...
    Going to a city pool or buying a cheap one for home is a great way to get outside!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• lol, I guess it doesn't matter what section you place your question in, it doesn't really show up either way.

I tried to place it in toddlers section because I hoped that would give away her age, lol, but must still be a glitch they are trying to work through or something.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I take a walk to the park around the block from my house. Or my girlfriend will pick me up and take me and my son the the pool by her house.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think it depends on what you have around you. do you have a house or apartment with a hose bib? You can make your own waterpark with a sprinkler and an inflatable pool.  do you have some hoops or other items you can make large circles with?  You can make your own form of lawn darts using the circles or hoops as targets (each with a different point value) and bean bag/animals or other small soft toys as the "darts."  Do you have many parks in the area?  Try a different park a week and maybe pack a picnic.  Or, if you are planning something with your brother, find a park (or one of your yards) and hid some small objects before the "play date" and make a treasure map.  give age appropriate clues and/or pair older and younger kids together.. . .umm. . .okay can't think of anything else at the moment

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• "I think it depends on what you have around you. do you have a house or apartment with a hose bib? You can make your own waterpark with a sprinkler and an inflatable pool."

lol, we have a house, and while we have a sprinkler (a wiggly armed worm) and a pool it just wasn't warm enough today to go outside to play in them. We did go out and play in the dirt (there is a dirt pile in the back yard because it is suppose to go around the patio), so I had her help me load up the sled with her little shovel so we could fill in around the patio (landscaper never came back to finish it).

While I love some of your ideas for at home fun and will probably try a few out (although revamp a few because they are only 2 1/2, lol) we were more looking for things outside of our home area, like the park idea and such.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010