What is your favorite Holiday?

Which holiday is your favorite, and why?

mommy11260

Asked by mommy11260 at 11:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Christmas. It is special for so many reasons... first, of course, being the birth of Jesus Christ. Second, because it brings my family together, if only once a year. Third, because there is something magical about Christmas - even with the stress of shopping and buying the right gift for the right person, when all the gifts are wrapped and under the tree and the lights are twinkling, a sense of something special is in the air. I feel like a little child with stars in my eyes every Christmas eve.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Thanksgiving!

the idea behind it (giving thanks for the great things we have) and of course eating. it was always the big family feast growing up and to this day it means the most to me. that and i have a soft spot for underdogs...its always getting forgotten b/c of Christmas.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Samhain! Without doubt!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Halloween! It's always been my favorite. I just love the chance to be someone else for a day. We always have Halloween parties at my mom's house where the whole family, over 50 of us, get together dressed up in costumes. It's so much fun.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Christmas
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Halloween...lvoe to see people in costumes and the creativeness of it and I love spooky things ;)
    and
    Christmas, love the lights, the decorations and all that...though I could do without the stressed out people who take things WAY too seriously ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh, I forgot to say why...

It's a blast! It's a time to remember our ancestors and be close to them. A time to remember our pasts... And celebrate them! Plus the parties and rituals are just so much fun! Not to mention I LOVE LOVE LOVE autumn and all the food that comes with it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Hogmanay. It's a Scottish New Year's Eve celebration.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Halloween. I love dressing up and decorating. I have always loved vampires. Halloween makes that vampire collection of mine not seem so out of place :)!
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Christmas. I love twinkle lights and snow and hot chocolate and the excitement on my childrens faces!!!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2010