My father has ALz. So my brother told us to go over my aunt's house for coffee.

While there , my father started telling my aunt how my brother is buying a million dollar home and that we could not afford it. So just last week she told us that she could not afford the mortgage at all on the new home my brother was buying. But instead of agreeing she blew up and got very snotty and told my dad so many hurtful things. Due to his alz he forgot everything that happened, but my aunt called my mom and told her she wanted to go over my mom's house with house papers and to show that her house net worth is over a million, jsut petty , silly stuff. My mom told her no way and told her my dad is sick and to leave her alone and that she is going through enough, but my aunt still does not understand that my father is very sick. Any advice????

mamacita69930

Asked by mamacita69930 at 11:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I don't really understand the question. Who is buying the house and who is paying for it?
    Maybe she just doesn't care or doesn't understand. Sounds like she might be a petty kind of person. She is really sticking her nose in places it doesn't belong. Your mom sounds like she can take care of it though.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Maybe do a little online research on alz. and send it to her to read.That way it isn't you saying it.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• True. He is also 90 years old. I just do not understand how she be so heartless with this matter.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 11:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• itsmessteph that is what my mom said exactly. My mom is almost 80 but she is one tough woman. I wish I were half as tough as her.
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• To me it sounds like she's jealous and out of contact with reality. Considering the fact that your father has Alzheimer, I would be more concerned about that instead of your Aunt. Your mom told your Aunt the truth. Now put it behind you and move forward, do not allow someone elses behavior to affect you.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• How is it any of her business? The question makes it sound like she's paying the mortgage for your brother. Why would she do that? I am sure I'm just confused about the details

Answer by admckenzie at 11:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No she is not . She took them for a tour of the house she dreamed about and my brother and his wife fell in love with it and bought it!
    mamacita69930

Comment by mamacita69930 (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Jun. 25, 2010