Mosquito repellent dangers???

I heard there was something in most mosquito sprays that I should not give my 18 month old daughter. Does anyone know what it's called? Or do you have any favorite bug sprays safe for toddlers? My daughter's ankles swell up and she get's huge whelps on her body from the bites... does that happen to your kids too? We moved near a lake and the mosquito's are HUGE out here!!

LoveKillsSlowly

Asked by LoveKillsSlowly at 11:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Health

• I never new that. We put it on or kids at that age. We use to live by a pond so we use to get lots of bugs
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• deet is bad :(
    i have heard planting lemon grass all around works well.
    we spray our yard with garlic spray. it doesn't work that well, but i think it helps. i wiil be looking for natural bug repellants this summer.
    burt's bees makes one. i am not sure if it works or not.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Skin so soft from avon is safe for the little ones.
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 11:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Chances are, anything with an artificial scent, like an Avon product, wil be carcinogenic. You can check the safety of all ingredients, and some products, here: http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 12:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010