What to do when you aren't comfortable letting your child play at their friends house?

My son just finished Kindergarten, and he's been asking for one of his friends to come over and play. So finally at the end of the year, I talked to his mom and we had "C" over last week. Well after talking to his mom a little and having the boy over for a couple of hours she said that my son should come over to their place next time. I am NOT comfortable with that at all, so I'm not sure how I should respond if/when they call to ask my son to come over. I don't want to offend, but I just don't trust her to watch my child.

sarahmae3

Asked by sarahmae3 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• Maybe go with your child and stay to visit.If you have a reason you don't like the situation,make up a reason to leave with your child.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• just tell her that you don't think that he is ready to go over there yet.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't let him go. If you're uncomfortable, there's a reason. Just make it more inviting for the other kid to be at your house.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh, I thought she stayed the whole time...Oh, in that case, stay the whole time and try to get to know her and observe.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Uh, so stay like she stayed. And do it until you are comfy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• what the previous poster said.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 11:25 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• She only stayed for about 5 minutes and then she left and came back and picked him up a couple of hours later. I was thinking of saying that my child just isn't ready for that yet.
    sarahmae3

Comment by sarahmae3 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2010