Be honest, when you gave birth did you really feel instant love toward your child?

I did not, I had PPD and actually felt disconnected from her. I felt terrible about it so I got help right away and now that she's hit the 9 month mark I am finally feeling exactly how I always thought I'd feel for her. She is the most amazing little girl!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Instantly, I thought she looked weird. All bloody, wrinkly, and loud. :-) But I still loved her.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I fell in love with them long before I met them, I am sorry you didn't feel the same way, glad you do now.

Answer by older at 11:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I did. I love my baby even before I had him. Even with this pregnancy, I love him soo much already. I cant wait to see him and hold him
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 11:26 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• nope, i think i had a lil bit of the baby blues and i didnt feel that bond right away. i felt guilty about it but when we got her home and i fell inlove..prob took me a week to get a bond w her
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yes
    sami7jami8

Answer by sami7jami8 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I loved my son before I had even given birth to him. So, when I first saw him, yes, it was even more so. However, he is now 9 months old, and looking back I don't think I loved him nearly as much as I do now. It just gets stronger and stronger the old he gets. How that is possible, I don't know, but it happens every day.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• NO, I didn't have that but I TOTALLY expected to and waited and waited for it to happen, I had PPD also and a colicky baby who wouldn't feed and had constipation so bad all he did was cry, that made it even worse, I truly didn't BOND with him til he was 1. Of course I had the mommy cub protection for him and would NEVER hurt him or let anyone else hurt him and took everything on to care for him, but I certainly didn't have this welcomed bond in to motherhood that some get to have.. but the bond, like you did START to happen around his 9 month mark also and now, he's 2-1/2 and you can't tear me away from this child.. the bond I feel is stronger than other mom's have lol ok that's probably so biast but I swear, no one can love their child like I love my son lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes, I did, but I realize this isn't always the case. It's nothing to feel ashamed of because everyone is different.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 11:29 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i fell in love with them as soon as i found out i was pregnant. more with dd, because she gave me no symptoms lol. j/k i cried like a baby when my son came out, i would have with my dd but they had put me to sleep, but when i woke up the first thing that came to my mind was her.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't think so but it was instant awe. I don't think I really felt love until the next day when I was over the "awe" factor
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:35 AM on Jun. 25, 2010