Why is my dog suddenly getting growly and cranky? And more afraid of the vacuum and broom?

She's always been afraid of the vacuum, and now she's getting terrified of the broom. I get it from the corner and she runs and hides under the desk. She's never been beat or anything like that with it since we got her over two years ago. We got her right after she was weaned so the other people didn't have her for long.
She's also growling and barking at the slightest thing now. She's never bit anyone, she's always been content to just bark and growl at them. But, she's growling and barking a lot more these past few weeks.
She's a little over two years old, and part beagle, part basset hound and part Chihuahua. We have another puppy, but I don't think it's caused by Poofy since we've had her for a few months now.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pets

• I would be take her into the vets to see if she is have issues with her eyes. If she is growling and barking at stuff more often and acting more scared of the sweeping broom it seems like it might be her sight .
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Maybe he doesn't feel good.We get that way too.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:43 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Perhaps something else swung at her that the broom reminds her of. Or maybe she is uncomfortable in some way, an uncomfortable tummy, for example, and is sensitive to anything else that stresses her.

Answer by Bmat at 11:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2010