Did/do you co-sleep with your children?

I've co-slept with my son since he was about 5 months old (he's now 9 months), but he just started crawling, so I feel it's unsafe because he could crawl off the bed if, Heaven forbid, I don't wake up when he does. I'm a super light sleeper, so I always do, but I'm still terrified that he could fall off of the bed somehow. Anyways, my question is...for those of you who have co-slept with your children until an older age, what did you do when they started crawling? I've been fortunate that he is taking to sleeping in his crib nicely, though I was sure he wouldn't, lol.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 11:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I co-sleep, and I was worried about that too. What I did is, I put a crib mattress on the floor right next to the bed, and then for about a week, I made sure LO was sleeping between DH and I, that way LO wouldn't be able to get to the edge of the bed without one of us noticing. I quickly figured out that I worried for nothing though. LO is now 14 months old and we are still co-sleeping.
    lalalabanana

Answer by lalalabanana at 11:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I co-slept. When he started crawling, I didn't worry because he was such a good hard sleeper. If he did move, I knew it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have slept with all 8 of mine and the bed would be pushed against the wall....just in case, but I always found that they did little crawling at night and if they did it always woke me up.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 11:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It depends on what your definition of it is. co-sleeping is sleeping in the same room with a child. Some will say that it's only if the child is in the same bed...that's called a 'family bed' ...we co-slept...she slept in the bassinet next to the bed until she was too big for it, then she went to her crib in her room.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:45 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i don't think co-sleeping is a safe option for me and hubby for the simple that we both toss & turn. but you should start putting ds in his crib
    Prayingforbaby1

Answer by Prayingforbaby1 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I did only sometimes with my oldest DD usually I put her in her own bed, but then when she woke in the middle of the night I put her in my bed. She would come in my bed from the age of 2 weeks until 6 months then after 6 months she wouldn't sleep in our bed anymore. When my youngest was born I did the same with her, but a lot more, but only cause I was in pain it hurt to move. I was leaking spinal fluid had to have 2 blood patches so I was in a lot of pain and it was easier to get to her when she was in my bed. I did put her in the basinet when I put her to bed, but then after she woke to feed I put her in the bed with me and kept her there until I woke. I did this from birth until 3 months when I put her in her own room then she didn't want to sleep with us anymore lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We co-slept until 6 months at which point her movements led us to move her to her own bed.
    WildatHeart918

Answer by WildatHeart918 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i cosleep with dd for almost 2 yrs. (she is 3 1/2) but she comes to my bed sometimes. i cosleep with ds about 16 mts. but like dd he comes to my bed sometimes. he is 17 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I co slept until my son was 9 months old... he would move and I'd usually wake up, but if he wakes up before me he lets me know by smacking my face lol but we slept in a bed against the wall and me on the other side
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Bed rail.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2010