car seat on the plane?

Do you have to have a car seat for a child on the plane once they are over the age of 2? My DD can sit up just fine and she's big for her age so the seat belts would hold her in. We just don't want to drag the car seat around the airport when there will be one for her at our final destination.

I will be calling the airlines later, but figured I'd ask y'all first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Travel

• You don't have to. We travel a lot and most people still do because the child is more comfortable and will squirm a lot less in a chair they're familiar with. It also stopped my son from messing with the tray on the back of the seat!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No you dont
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't think you have to at all. But sometimes I know it is easier so you don't have to keep running after them etc. But if your child sits good and stuff I wouldn't worry about taking it,
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No you do not have to at all. As the above Mommies mentioned it helps with squirming but if you are not worried about that then no bid deal. We always hooked our onto the stroller and pushed it through the airport that way.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010