When you baby was born did you think they were cute?

I didn't. As mean as that sounds I didn't think she was cute, she had the newborn squished face she was red and dark and light haha she was tri-color her nose was so smushed I was like eww who's nose is that. Now don't get me wrong I loved her from the moment I knew I was pregnant and loved her even more when I got to hold her. Of course after all the swollen-ness was gone I was like you are beautiful!

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 11:47 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I thought all of my kids were funny looking when they were born.
    k_hall1784

Answer by k_hall1784 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't know if it was because he was overdue, or what, but my LO wasn't all purple and squished when he was born. He was pink and cute! Yes, he was swollen, but he still looked cute. I have seen babies that weren't very cute when they were first born though.
    lalalabanana

Answer by lalalabanana at 11:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I understand. I thought my first looked like me when i was first born. 2days later she was so goregous.
    debmom07

Answer by debmom07 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I thought my son was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen from the moment he came out :) He really wasn't too swollen or anything though. He was a tad bit cone-headed though which I was concerned about, but it was normal and went away the next day. I understand what you are saying though, sometimes it takes a couple days for the cuteness to set in.

BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• no I thought both of my girls were beautiful when they were born. One looked just like DH (oldest) until she was about 1.5 now at 5 looks just like me lol. My youngest DD didn't look like either of us when she was born I would joke saying maybe they switched babies in the hospital lol now at 2.5 she looks just like her daddy
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I thought my son was beautiful..he had a lot of black hair, a pretty color, no cone head or swollen squished face, nice nose and chin and pretty full red lips.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Honestly, I thought my daughter was the most beautiful thing Id ever seen the second I saw her. :) Still do!
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 11:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Omg, yes! My son was, and still is, the cutest baby i have EVER seen, lol. He was born by c section, so he wasn't squished or anything. He had the fattest little cheeks (still does) and sooo much hair, He was gorgeous and looked just as I had pictured him all along. It was actually weird, because he was sooo close to the image I had in my head. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My first was pretty, but the second was red and squished and had one eye closed. In a few days he was a lovely baby, but my first look at him made me amused. :)

Answer by Bmat at 11:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I thought my daughter was cute, but I'm pretty sure my husband didn't. Even after she was a few months old, I asked him if he thought she was cute and he said, "all babies are ugly, she's just less ugly than the others."
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010