Do you really like Valentine's Day or not?

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 11:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Holidays

• I love Valentine's day! We don't do anything big, but DH always gets me red tulips, my favorite, the kids get a small chocolate heart, we do Valentine's day crafts, make a nice dinner and celebrate love. Its fun =)
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• no I don't get anything for it anyway lol. DH says it is a made up holiday so I don't get anything. Just like sweetest days he says is also made up so again I don't get anything lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I worked in a floral shop for a few years. It was always crazy. People tended to be cranky and I got tired of seeing roses after it. I was usually very happy when Valentines Day was over.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:52 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It's not biggie, honestly. When I was in grade-school- yes. Now, not really. :o)
    ..Sarah..

Answer by ..Sarah.. at 11:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Nope! I see no point in it. Hallmark Holidays have no place in my life.

My DH on the other hand, thinks it's one of the biggest days of the year... What can I say, opposites attract!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:55 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• nope- never have. Been with hubby for 18 years and ONE time he got me some (fake)flowers-because his best friend convinced hiom he should! (I would never wnat him spending money on real ones-they just die)...Personally, I don't much see the point in it- seems like a lot of girls/women ecxpect things on that day and God forbid they don't get anything! then they hold it against the guy And for the ones who are single...it is just annoying and I see people being depressed about being single and whatnot around that time
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No, I think it's silly and pointless and sort of insulting to imply that people need a day to be reminded to be nice to their spouses. People should treat each other well all year. It's more special when they do it not out of obligation, but because they love you. I'd rather my husband brings me flowers on a day that doesn't mean anything special, just because he thought of me, than to buy me stuff because the calender told him to.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I could do without Valentines. We still make it a fun day though. We cook special meals together as a family, we make each other little cards, and we always buy the kids a little box of candies. It's not so much about giving to each other as it is for us to spend the day with our family. We don't necessarily celebrate it as a romantic type of holiday, more as a family day.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2010