Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do I do now? For those who have separated from their husbands

I have made the decision that our marriage should end. He cheated and I can't get over it, I've tried but it's not gonna happen. The issue is right now I am pregnant and am due in 2 mos. Where we stay now we have to be out by next week. The only family I can move in with right now lives 5 states away. I could move there temporarily until my mom can get a big enough apt for me and my soon to be 3 kids (probably around 3 mos later) but she'll be living in the next state over (30 mins away). The stbx is in between jobs and really doesn't have a stable place for use to live let alone insurance. I'm on medicaid for this pregnancy and I know I'd have to re-apply. Would I re-apply in the state that I'll be temporarily staying in or the state that I'll move to around the time the baby is born?


Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Ah, it depends on the state! Not all states offer "Emergency Medicaid" even for pregnant women, nor will all of them offer retroactive coverage. Meaning that if you are not covered when you deliver, they will process the paperwork for you, but you may have to pay out of pocket.
    My sister recently moved back to MO, and is in the midst of the same situation- her 6th baby is due any day, and she is still waiting for her medicaid app to be processed- if she has the baby before it is approved, it will be an out of pocket expense. Her DH is a school teacher, and they do not have adequate medical coverage, and the pregnancy is not covered at all.

    I suggest contacting social services in the county of the state to which you intend to move. Ask them what their guidelines and procedures are to find out if you will be processed on an emergency basis or not.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • You can get emergency medicaid while you're in the hospital.

    Answer by lowencope at 11:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

  • Just reapply in the new state.

    Answer by admckenzie at 1:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2010