Where did you store things when you were trying to sell your house??

I am trying to pack up the clutter to get our house ready to sell, but where did you store all the boxes and things you had to take out to declutter?? I don't see them when we look for houses on the market.. where is everyone putting their things?? Garage doesn't work because you still don't want it in there so the WHOLE house looks good enough in all areas to the buyer.. storage units or the POD's are almost $250-a MONTH

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have the same issue. I'm thinking about asking my relatives who live close by and have a little extra space if they mind us using it temporarily...
    V.Dubbya

Answer by V.Dubbya at 12:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Our storage units are 40-60 dollars a month. I can't believe how high yours are. That is crazy! I think buyers understand things in boxes in the garage. You are trying to move. So if the garage is the only option.. then I think that is just what you have to do.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 11:56 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'd keep looking for cheaper storage, I'm in the NYC area and we got a storage unit for about $40 a month, first month free.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Friends? Attic? We'll be renting a storage unit so we can get our extra furniture out of here. Good Luck
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Well with the housing market as bad as it is, I am afraid to ask a relative cause technically, it COULD be a year or more to sell, at least in our area.. Ok, I will just keep looking for a better storage facility.. thanks
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010