i need tips for handleing kids with adhd

i have a two year old daughter that has adhd and i need help handling her fits her screaming and her crying

Lora992

Asked by Lora992 at 11:54 AM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How did you find out she has ADHD?? me and my husband both have ADHD so our son has a 90% of getting it and wondering what symptoms your DD is showing
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Duct tape and a dog crate.
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 12:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• How has a child that young been diagnosed with ADHD? Anyway, one of the best pieces of advice I ever got was: A child who is the most unlovable, needs love the most. Hug your upset toddler; let her know how much you love her and how sad both of you are when she does not behave. Help her to express herself with words, instead of screaming and crying.

You might find some great suggestions here: http://www.naomialdort.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 12:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't mean to be rude I honestly how can a 2 year have adhd? The kid is hyper take her outside have her run around like a normal 2 years old. Again not trying to be rude just adhd at 2?
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• all 2yr olds have fits and screaming. I personally do not believe it is ethical to give a child under the age of 5 an ADHD diagnosis. JMHO.

However, you just do the same thing you would for any other child. Which means that it depends on why she is throwing a fit.

If you're in the store and she is misbehaving and throws a fit because she wants a toy, you leave the store. You abandon your shopping cart and you walk out to the car. When their you either take her home and try again later OR if you think she might calm down you can put her in a "time out" of sorts until she is more relaxed.
    that's just an example. like i said, it depends on the situation.

Also, teaching her some ASL would probably help. ASL will give her an appropriate form of communication which will cut down on tantrums and it can boost her pre-reading skills
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My oldest does have ADHD and she definitely was a difficult toddler. I know guidelines say you can't diagnose ADHD until a child is older, but I also know signs can be present at a very early age. I think it's too soon to say for certain whether your child has ADHD or whether she is just a difficult toddler, but consistent parenting techniques can help either. I highly recommend trying Love & Logic. It worked great for my ADHD child as well as my two toddlers who I don't suspect have ADHD.

I also agree with rkoloms: "A child who is the most unlovable, needs love the most."

GL! 

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• my doctor has said that she has adhd and that we have to take her to a specialist to find out how bad
    Lora992

Comment by Lora992 (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Jun. 30, 2010

• my daughter doctor and neroligst both has said that she had adhd and that when she is 5 years old that we have to get her more testing the reason i have to wait is cuz there is no doctors in my area that will help us with kids that young we would have to go to iowa city iowa and that a 3 hour drive and i dont have the money to go down there once a week and i did not ask for rudeness i asked for help so PLEASE stop making me fill like a bad mother cuz im going by what her doctors say
    Lora992

Comment by Lora992 (original poster) at 9:55 AM on Jul. 1, 2010