Do you have an over weight pet?

are you managing an diet or leaving it be...Just curious. I have a very fat cat on a diet being over seen by the vet.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 12:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pets

• Yes, our cat is overweight. I tried a reduced cal food, but the elderly cat is losing weight. I also tried putting less in the food bowl and letting the food bowls be empty part of the time. Nothing is working, and the empty food bowls worry the older cat.

Answer by Bmat at 12:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have a very overweight cat and we have been struggling with that for years. The darn cat will eat his food, the other cat's food, the ferrets food, the dogs food. We have him on diet cat food now and he has lost some weight but he has gotten very whiney.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 12:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I used to have a very large and overweight cat. He 's passed on now. He was a Maine Coon/Ragdoll mix and weighed about 25 pounds. I tried 'diet' food, but it didn't work. He ended up with diabetes and required two insulin shots a day. We did that for four years before he passed at the age of 14.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have a minichure dauchsund and Her belly drags tha ground.We just stopped giving Her food from tha table and only fed Her just dog food then she lost weight but She is still big.
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 12:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• nope
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 12:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Nope
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 1:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My dog is overweight in the winter but not in the summer when she can run around more. I did have a very fat cat though. A vet actually told me all the reasons why my cat shouldn't be fat are the same ones why I shouldn't be fat (which i am). I did put that cat on special cat food and she dropped from 18 pounds to 9 pounds! However, she did have loose skin that dragged on the ground after!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 10:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• nope
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 3, 2010