Can I put frozen chicken in a crock pot?

I have a bag of frozen, skinless, boneless chicken breasts and I want to put them in the crock pot today, but I don't have the time to thaw them out first. Do you think it's okay to put them in there frozen? Will it make a difference?

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 12:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It's a good way of extending cooking time too. I often use frozen veggies and frozen beans in mine when I'm going to be out all day because it can add an extra hour to the cooking time. If you use a timer it also helps keep the food fresh until it's time for the cooker to start heating.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 12:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Just make sure you have more time and turn it up a little bit higher. I always cook frozen food in my crock pot. I can never remember to thaw it out.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes, it takes wee longer to cook, but it's doable. ;o)
    ..Sarah..

Answer by ..Sarah.. at 12:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes you can but them in frozen, I have done it with roasts, and it worked fine.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 12:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You can, it might take a smidgen longer to cook, but, I always throw mine in frozen.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I make bbq chicken in the crockkpot and always use frozen. After cooking all day it seriously falls apart it's so tender.
    MommyToTwo0408

Answer by MommyToTwo0408 at 12:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I read a recipe just yesterday where frozen chicken was used in a crockpot. I'd check the temperature with a thermometer just to confirm cooking all the way through, but I do this with non-frozen chicken, too.

Answer by Bmat at 12:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh wow, if you're not supposed to do that, someone needs to take away my kitchen privileges! I've done it many times with no bad results.
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 12:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• it takes a little longer but works just fine
    DevinsMom94

Answer by DevinsMom94 at 12:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Thanks ladies, that's good to know! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 12:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2010