Should women be allowed to serve in combat roles in the armed forces?

BoundHearts

Asked by BoundHearts at 12:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If that's what they want to do, I don't see why not!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 12:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If they want to. I don't think they should be forced to though. My husband's unit had female medics going out on missions and things so, its not like they can stay on the base all the time.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes. I am NOT a fan of the military and personally don't understand why any woman would join. HOWEVER, I see no difference between a man and a woman in that position and don't see why they can't do just as good of a job as a man. If that is the life you want, you should have the right to do it to the same extent as every other person out there...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes, as long as they are not a single parent.
    That's the rule for our male troops so i don't see why it shouldn't be the same for our female troops.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If she can handle it and hold her own without expecting the men to help her and carry her load, then she should be able to.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If they are as competent as the men physically, sure. However, if they're way inferior physically to the men, no. It can put others in danger if you can handle the physical part of it. I think that women should always be treated equally and be given the same position IF they can perform the same job. That goes the same for men. I can't stand when women accept lower standards for the same job or position. It's like they're fine with accepting lowered standards.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'm too old fashioned to even answer this question, lol.

It isn't "fair" to exclude them, but I like Mommies raising babies... but I know that's a personal thing, not a rule thing, so yes, they should be allowed.

It just makes me sad.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I want to say yes and be the powerful woman but honestly, no. I say no because if a woman is in combat and is hurt men are more likely to forget or not pay the correct amount of attention to what is going on because of their natural need to protect a female.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i don't believe that applies to military lifestyle zoe.
    those females ...well, they're just like a brother to the male troops. They aren't the same. DH has told me this over and over again. Female troops are just not the same as a normal female.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2010