Ever since I became pregnant with my first child, I have completely lost my sex drive.

I am once again pregnant with my second child, and I cannot seem to get in the mood. I was thinking of talking to my doctor, but its kind of embarassing. Can anyone help me with some suggestions, or should I just talk to my doctor? Please help! Thank you.

victoriastraito

Asked by victoriastraito at 12:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Health

• I wouldn't really sweat it too much...I'm sure it's probably just hormones. If it persists, then yes, I would ask the doctor. I had various ups and downs with my drive during both pregnancies, so I'm pretty sure it's nothing to get terribly concerned over. Good luck to you with your pregnancy!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• dont feel embarassed! the doctor is there to help :) but yes it is common! you have lots of hormones going on! the sex drive will return!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• This happened to me too I odnt know why because Ive always heard the opposite happens. I never talked to my doc but got put on bedrest at 27 weeks with no intercourse so it wasnt such a big deal after that but from my experience " not being able to have it" made it more appealing gl!
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 1:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I've only had 1 child but when I was preggo I had no sex drive at all.... it was also painful to me
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I went through this after I had my son, and honestly I made myself have sex so I would get into the mood, and then I would... we did it every night for like a month and now my sex drive is back.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010