Best way to shave down south lol TMIish

I know its natural and blah blah blah but I want to go and get my lady parts pierced and was wonder how other ladies shaved lol.I feel like taking a razor and shaving cream and wacking away is not the way to go...

ryanlynn

Asked by ryanlynn at 12:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nair. I don't shave that area.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Does the nair work? I want to try that!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Trim it as short as you can, then whack away...but I use conditioner and put on stick deodrant afterwards to fend off the bumps and irritation
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I shave and have since I was 14. I just take the shaving cream...and as you mentioned above. But it is daily not the initial and when I was 14 and started I didn't have much there. I was considering switching to nair and see how well it worked.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Trim first, or you'll just be bushwhacking (pardon the pun).

Use a mirror so you can see what you're doing, and just be careful. Use a brand new razor, make as few strokes as possible, and use plenty of shaving cream. When you're done, apply a good moisturizer IMMEDIATELY- I use cocoa butter.

If you're not reactive to nair, you can try that- but I get a chemical burn from it, and definitely do NOT want to get it there!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I trim, then use a moisturizing soap or shaving cream and very carefully shave. I have a tattoo down there, so tend to keep it hair-free and that's the best way I've found. Nair BURNED me omg. And waxing... I've never gotten that professionally done, but I tried to do it myself and OUCH.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 12:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I wax now after 10 years of shaving. It's nothing like what you see on youtube. you don't go all wild from pain and the further back they get, the less pain there is. The only downside is that you aren't totally hair free since some are still too short to pull out and then you have to let it grow back out again to get it pulled. I saving up for laser removal
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Schick has a bikini trimmer that's great. It's inexpensive and good under water, so I trim down to the lowest setting and then clean shave what I don't want. (I like a bit of a throw rug as opposed to hard wood floors.

Make sure you search online for a coupon for more savings.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• as the ladies above said, trim first. musthache scissors are great for this. skintimate cream shave works really well on the nether regions. I usually use aloe gel after, then a super gentle scent free moisturizer, I tried the stick deoderant thing and it didn't work very well for me but I've heard it works for a lot of women.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• lol. I have used my husbands beard trimmer to shorten it for shaving before...shhhh... DON'T TELL
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010