is anon feature really worth bring back to it's old "glory"?

It seems there are problems all over the place with the use of the anon feature. Today in the paper I read that their website has also recently done away with this feature.
http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/06/25/1094031/a-stand-for-civility-on-the-internet.html

personally I like the rules and stipulations CM has made with this feature, and believe it will be an end to many problems. It could always be worse.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 12:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I agree, I think there was alot of nastiness going on that made many moms not even want to seek advice, which is what this area is supposed to do, so I like the fact that people do not have that easy of an opportunity to be nasty or overly judgemental towards others.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I hated the anon answers that so much that I refused to even read them. They encourage cowardice and nastiness. So happy that is gone.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• where is the "Like" button? :o)
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 12:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't know. While I couldn't stand most of the anon posters, I think it made things a little more interesting.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I liked the anon feature because you could answer sensitive questions without everyone knowing it was you. They should add a "delete this repsonse"feature used at the decretion of the op if they get nasty answers . I would be better to change it back to the way it was .. get rid of all this credits and votes stuff
    munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 12:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I liked the anon button for sensitive responses. The OP has always had the option of closing the question, if things got heated. I really believe this "game-like" atmosphere was an attempt to pull in more members.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I never liked the anon button.
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 1:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• "I liked the anon feature because you could answer sensitive questions without everyone knowing it was you. They should add a "delete this repsonse"feature used at the decretion of the op if they get nasty answers . I would be better to change it back to the way it was .. get rid of all this credits and votes stuff "

a delete button wouldn't work out well. (you have this option in journals). People tend to delete answers they don't like and are pretty catty about it. Since the answers section is meant to help more than just the OP, others with similar issues can't read all the responses, and may not find an answer that will help them because a response that could have helped them was deleted. Rather than taking up the answers page with millions of posts about the same question (I see enough of that, and believe a delete button would only create more), it's easier probably to just not add this feature.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 1:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Then again, you can always do a journal rather than submit to q & a
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• "I liked the anon button for sensitive responses. The OP has always had the option of closing the question, if things got heated. I really believe this "game-like" atmosphere was an attempt to pull in more members. "

yes they have the option to close out, however CM is trying to take away the NEED to close out a question because of a petty argument. It takes away from the OP's question if someone post anon and is snarky. If left open there are better chances the OP has in generating at least one good answer/reply that may help them or another mom in that situation.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010