Lentils!

My family loves tacos made with lentils, but I need some more ideas on what I can do with lentils. Any good recipes? We are technically omnivores but eat very little meat.

yogapantz

Asked by yogapantz at 12:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• i would love your lentils tacos recipe!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 12:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It's very simple! you make it like you would regular tacos, but use a bag of lentils instead of hamburger meat. Lentils cook pretty fast, in 30 minutes or less, which is why I like them for everyday use. Also, a pound of lentils is less than a dollar, and meat? NO WAY! And I'm pretty sure the lentils have no animal poop specks in them, either. :)
    yogapantz

Comment by yogapantz (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• OMG! "Earth Burgers" are incredible!! We eat them on a weekly basis- they are soooo good, and so easy to make. (and I got CARNIVORES to eat them, and they loved them too!!!)

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Vegan meatloaf: Mash cooked lentils and use like you would ground meat in a recipe. I add more seasonings than usual and mix in BBQ sauce. I have a recipe if you'd like.

I serve stir fry over lentils instead of rice. More nutrition, more fiber, fewer carbs. I also serve spaghetti sauce over lentils instead of cooked spaghetti for the same reason.

Italian lentil stew

Lentil sloppy joes : use cooked lentils instead of the ground meat

Yep, like the lentil tacos too!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Earth Burgers sound delicious, we definitely need to try them!
    yogapantz

Comment by yogapantz (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• There are a couple of other lentil recipes on the blog- French Me Lentil Soup Is awesome, and so is the Rusty Lentil Soup! I am partial to red lentils, and it is simply sinfully rich, but I can eat it without guilt!

ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have really yummy recipes for lentil sloppy joes, lentil soup, and lentil tacos. Send me a message offlist if you would like the recipes.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I love lentils but don't make them too often. The taco idea sounds delish!!!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2010