25 weeks and already swelling?

Is that normal? I live in So Cal, so it's starting to warm up, but I don't even think it's broke 80* yet. My feet, ankles and legs are starting to swell already. I get that pitted edema where you can press on my leg, and it leaves an indentation. I get up and move a lot, don't stand too long, rest with my feet up, limit my sodium intake, stay well hydrated, and it still happens. All my UA's at my OB's office and my BP are fine. Is this just something i'm doomed to have to deal with? I don't recall swelling this early with my other pregnancies (I'm due in early October - my oldest two are November and December babies).

milfalicious08

Asked by milfalicious08 at 12:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i didn't swell much at all in my first pregnancy but then i started swelling a lot around 25 weeks in my 2nd. for a couple of weeks the swelling was pretty bad and then it got much better. my BP was always good too and no other symptoms that would signal a problem.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 2:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• if you are on your feet a lot, that can contribute to swelling. also if you eat a lot of salt that can cause you to retain water. just stay hydrated and let your doctor know, bc it can be a sign of other problems.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 12:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I experienced the same thing. My feet were so swollen by the time I had him that if you pressed on the top of my foot, it would stay indented with your fingerprint for at least 15 seconds. It was disgusting, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I didn't have that problem till after I had my daughter, but with this one I don't know what it is. I was 7 wks when I started swelling with him I ate fried pork chops which I didn't keep down I have been sick with him, but anyway the next morning both my feet and legs were swollen bad it looked like i had an allergic reaction to a bee sting of something I couldn't see my ankles. Of course I was told to lower my sodium intake, drink lots of watch prop your feet up above heart level, it's not as bad as it was but I still have it I get it about once a wk and won't go away for 3 days. it feels weird my legs and feet are tinglely but all my test came back fine so I'm fine and I'm 18 wks and still get it I didn't with my daughter though they said the epidural I had with her is what caused my swelling cause I didn't have it till I got home with her.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 1:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2010