indoor activites for a 14 month old?

when its too hot to go outside for long we both get so so bored...any games or ideas for a 14 month old boy?
thanks :)

Bearsjen

Asked by Bearsjen at 1:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have such a hard time finding things to do inside, too!!! One thing that my son really loves is "human" bowling. I set up the plastic bowling pins, then I hold him sort of under the arms and swing him so his legs knock down the bowling pins. He seems to really like it!
    crystalbean2

Answer by crystalbean2 at 1:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Balloon volleyball
    Beanbag toss
    Dancing to some music
    Coloring
    Hiding objects to find (like a type of hide and go seek)
    If you have any extra cardboard boxes and sidewalk chalk, those are a good combo (and a good alternative to the hot sidewalk outside).
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 1:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I give my daughter a giant mixing bowl filled with warm soapy water and some mixing spoons and measuring cups, she loves it and it occupies her for quite a while. I usually lay a towel down where shes playing though. I don't have any carpeting so it works for us,lol.

I tape down a huge piece of paper to her highchair tray and give her a couple crayons and we draw together.

I give her a wet wash cloth and she likes to help me wipe down the furniture.

Whipped cream,add couple sprinkles of food coloring(do this in a higchiar and lay a plastic garbage bag under the chair)...great for texture play and manipulatives.Give him a a spoon and he'll make a huge fun mess! lol

Make a tent out of two chairs and a sheet and show him how to crawl under it, play peek a boo, put some stuffed animal friends under there.

If I think of some others, I will come back! Have fun!!! :)

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• The bowling pin thing is kinda what me and my son do but he has a little train he can walk behind and i will set everything up and he will run them all over. That and dancing.

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 2:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• crystalbean and shelli-thats adorable and we will try it!
    thanks for all the answers moms....love them all.
    Bearsjen

Comment by Bearsjen (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• wasable paint, washable markers, crayons, puzzles, bowling and pins

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2010