Have you worked through an affair and saved your marriage?

I'm interested in hearing others' stories about this matter. I know not everyone can do it. How did you do it? Are you happy now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• Still working on it unfortunately the outcome doesn't look good. Our issues go far beyond the affair I had however, it wasn't just that I cheated there were issues leading up to that as well as emotional abuse etc...the more aware I become through counseling the more I realize I was wearing some seriously "rose" colored glasses for the last 20 years.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I tried but he wasn't willing and he was the one that cheated. I decided I'd rather be alone than be with someone who doesn't love and respect me, so we are divorcing.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes, we did. We also worked through physical and mental abuse, addiction, recovery, etc. Basically, we both grew up, learned how to communicate with each other, trust each other, and most of all respect each other. We've been to hell and back way too many times, but I wouldn't change any of it. It's why we're so strong today.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 1:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I didn't achually have an affair I almost did. I told DH about it and told the other guy I told my DH he was mad at me for telling him, I told DH cause if I didn't I know something would of happened. We are doing so much better now. I told him the reason I almost did this and why I told him what I wasn't getting from him that made me think about the affair and now DH and I are doing so much better. We hardly even fight anymore as well.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We worked through the cheating. It happened. It was over but the physical abuse continued so I left.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I personally haven't, and I don't think I could - thankfully my husband understands this, so at least if it ever becomes an issue he'll know what to expect. I do believe it takes a special kind of strength, though, and I respect anyone who has done it or has tried.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I really don't think I could. I mean every time he touched me I would think "did he touch her like this" etc
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2010