whats the difference between frontline and advantage?

for my cat

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 1:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pets

• I don't think there is a difference - I believe they are both flea treatments. Frontline is supposedly cheaper but personally, I think they are all expensive.
    Iheartmy2boys

Answer by Iheartmy2boys at 1:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• The only difference is between frontline plus and advantage. Frontline plus also kills ticks. Both are poisons though, so keep that in mind. I'm very biased ~ just to be clear ~ and see no difference between dumping this on one of my pets or dumping chemicals and pesticides on the lawn.

I add cider vinegar to my pets water, give the cats and dogs brewers yeast, and also garlic tablets to the dogs. During warm, wet periods I also dust plain old borax around the yard. I rarely see fleas or ticks (or spiders lol) on or around the place. I do like diatomaceus (sp) earth, but it's hard to get locally.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 4:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Frontline kills ticks too.

I worked for a Pet Hospital for years, and our vet refused to carry frontline. His own animals reacted to it badly, as did other client's pets, so I don't recommend it because of that. I've always used Advantage...works GREAT!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I was told Advantage was good for my dog b/c she itched so bad b/c of fleas, allergies to fleas. Frontline doesn't deal with that kind of reaction to fleas, just the flea itself.
    Momchipomkids

Answer by Momchipomkids at 2:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2010