Okay, Oil Spill Question...

I keep hearing people bitch because the oil spill is not taken care of yet, and how this guy or that guy aren't doing their job... The official word however is that they can't figure it out... So a number of sites have had people submitting their ideas of how to fix it. On the View someone was talking about filling it with golf balls or something...

Anyways, question is... Seeing how those people in the power to do so aren't fixing it, if YOU had the power and money to fix it, what would you do? How would you fix it?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I would've said to hell with trying to keep the well usable (the real reason they didn't stop it immediately) and collapsed it immediately. They can always drill again - yes it costs more and takes longer, but the priorities there are screwed, with plenty of blame to go around. How much of the decision was impacted by the talk of a drilling ban - which means they would NOT be allowed to drill again if they closed it?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:30 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would send the clean up equi[ment that is needed. Both on land AND out in the water. I would have excepted the help of foreign countries at the OUTSET to try and contain this SOONER. I would NOT have left the people who have financial reason to keep the oil flowing in charge of STOPPING it! Thats a START.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'd go with the proven Russian method, and NUKE it!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• but the priorities there are screwed

Yep,it's all about the $$$. I think @ this rate though they'd have been better off making it unusable weeks ago. BP rolled the dice and received snake eyes.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 2:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010