kinda odd but need answers please!

ok so i have never been to great at keeping track of my monthley. but i have been getting better over the years and since i have had my son. so my question is how do you know when you oveilate( i know i spelled it wrong in a hurry please frogive
me!!)is it a week or two before you start or after or both? and how can you tell if you are with out taking a test? just needing to know. we want to start to try for another baby and i know having this info will help seep it up. so any advice will help. also if any of you mommas got some conciving tips i would love to hear them . thanks for reading i look forward to reading from you all!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• *Typically* for most women it is halfway through their cycle. However, you can ovulate late or early as well. I ovulate late in my cycle (or I did before getting pregnant) The best advice I can give you is to start charting your cycles, through fertilityfriend.com or tcoyf.com or another charting site. When you chart you should also take your temperature every morning before you get out of bed (preferably at the same time every day)- this is called your basal body temperature. You can use the temperature patterns and monitoring cervical mucus changes to determine when you ovulate and through that, when you are most fertile. Good luck!
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• OK...I know some will get mad about this but the easiest way is to get a book about the subject and start charting your cycle. Body temp, cervical mucous, cervical position. Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler is a great book on it.

You ovulated 12-16 days before the start of your period. The length of the period has no bearing on any of this. Stress can make your body postpone ovulation but once you ovulate, you either get pregnant or you don't and your period comes 12-16 days later. The 12-16 days is set for each woman. Mine is 14 days, yours may be 13 or 15 but it's a set time from ovulation to period and it ranges from woman to woman from 12-16. Your body temp can tell you if you have ovulated and if you are pregnant. but mucous is only an incicator of fertility not pregnancy
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My answers to these types of questions are always the same. Just listen to your body. Around ovulation is the time when you want sex the most. Yes, it normally takes place around 14 days after the first day of your last period, but if you pay attention to the way you are feeling physically, you will know. Your vaginal discharge will also change and get clearer and have the consistency of egg whites at your peak fertility time.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 1:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I used an ovulation microscope, you can buy them on Amazon.com for not too much money my sister in law recommended it and I was skeptical but it worked!

psugal

Answer by psugal at 1:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010