What would you bring?

My daughter was invited to a pool party tomorrow. They are serving lunch and invited siblings. It's not a birthday party. I feel funny not bringing anything. I was thinking of bringing brownies but wanted to see what you thought. Do I need to bring anything?

mompam

Asked by mompam at 1:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• If not bringing anything makes you feel uncomfortable then go ahead and bring the brownies, I'm sure they won't be turned away. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would call and ask the Mom having the party. And just tell her, I feel kind of weird not bringing anything. Would you like me to bring some brownies or some other kind of snack to go with what you are serving?
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'd bring something. Probably brownies or cupcakes, but make sure you bring enough for all the kids. And maybe you could call and ask about it? If not, I'd still bring something.
    Lypreila

Answer by Lypreila at 1:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You could ask the Hostess. If she says not to bring something and you still want to - you could bring something for her like some Flowers or something.........when we have a pool party we tell people not to bring anything unless they have specific diet restriction.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 1:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Brownies sound like a perfect thing to bring!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 1:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't bring anything but that is very nice of you, if you feel awkward about it then I would ask the Mom or the one hosting the party, what she thinks? If brownies are ok or if she suggests something else & how many kids will be there? Just to get an estimate of how many treats to bring along with you? You don't want to go short handed, Right?! Sounds like so much fun!!!
    MinnieMouse8

Answer by MinnieMouse8 at 1:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i would call the person hosting and see what is needed. brownies are alwalys fun also mabey some juice or frezer pops are fun too
    lilred420

Answer by lilred420 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• pool party screams watermelon to me. i agree with previous post, check with hostess and bring enough for all the kids. if you bring brownies, i would leave out nuts.
    chris13

Answer by chris13 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Thanks!
    mompam

Comment by mompam (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would just call her and ask her! I believe that if she had WANTED you to bring something she was would have made a suggestion, but it is still helpful if you call her and ask, there may be something she would like to have.

I'm having a pool party/bbq tomorrow, when I invited all of my friends I asked them to bring a side dish. So they all know they can bring something and whatever they chose is fine.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2010