is itching normal in pregnancy?

I didn't itch with my first pregnancy except for my belly due to stretch marks. I'm 19 wks now and everytime I turn around I'm itching. The back of my neck and upper arms especially. My ankles to they itch a lot I don't have bug bites from what I saw they are these tiny little pink dots, no zit heads or anything it's like 3 tiny pink dots on my upper arm couple on my chest. Can't see my neck but that itches, my ear itches, my feet , my back and my face I'm not breaking out I'm just itching. Anyone else gone through this. I'm not crazy right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Kind of TMI but my boobs have been itching like crazy through this entire pregnancy - don't why but at least you are not alone!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 1:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• This is a syndrome common in pregnancy. I forget what it's called.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Uh. I had this and sometimes still do. I put lotion on every part of my body thats itchy. It kinda help, I try ignoring it because stratching could cause stretch marks! I'm the most itchy around my belly button.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 1:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't think you are crazy, I had the same problem throughout my pregnancy, I tried telling my OB and they didn't know what was causing it. I had constant itching on my feet & my ankles, it was the weirdest thing. At one poing someone suggested I had athletes foot, I ended up trying to treat it and no luck the itching continued. It did stop after I delivered.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I forgot about the boobs, they itched alot to, to the point where I would scratch them so hard they would bleed and leave marks all over them.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 1:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I itch all over too and have the entire pregnancy so far. I am 29 weeks.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 1:56 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Now that you mention something about it, I do remember being very itchy!! I even got oatmeal packets to take a bath in!! I itched ALL over, I was so miserable!! Try the oatmeal thing it worked somewhat!
    momma2b2008

Answer by momma2b2008 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yes i was randomly itchy throught mine. good luck i hope it gets better
    lilred420

Answer by lilred420 at 1:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It might be PUPPs. I had it during my second pregnancy and it was awful. Take liquid benadryl, it helps.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 2:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• This is my 2nd and I'm itchy all over!
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 2:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010