Have you ever used a homepathic remedy for conjunctivitis? (pink eye)

My son came down with a nasty case of pink eye. Poor boy :( (he's 10 yrs old)
I bought a homepathic remedy..all natural ingrediants. And his eyes already look so much better! He also got some kind of cold..his throat was hurting yesturday and he slept almost all day yesturday, cried a lot saying his body hurt and I gave him some of these c tablets and he is eve outside playing today.
I'm kinda glad I opted for that instead of taking him straight to the doctor..like I normally would have. He would have gotten an antibiotic..and now he doesnt need one. So when he gets something really bad (which I hope is never) then he won't have a built up immunity against antibiotics.
LOL, I think too much.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Health

• I haven't used it yet, but plan to next time it comes up (and I'm sure it will eventually). When DS was in pre-school a few kids came down with it. I took him to the dr and got him a prescription, another kid at the school got the homeopathic. Mine was sicker longer.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:02 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• i think it mite be safer to go to the doctor. pick eye can be very serious if not treated properly ans soon. the best of luck and let us know if you find something that works.
    lilred420

Answer by lilred420 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• His one eye was so bad yesturday, he could barely open it. It looked like a golf ball and it was so red. I bought the stuff around 6 pm last night, he had a dose soon as we got back from the store. Then a dose before bed, he woke up this morning...eye was open, only slight swelling and a little pink. He's had two doses of it so far today and I swear...you can't even tell he had anything wrong with his eyes. As far as the cold..he is 100% better. I swear by the stuff now. I've used it on him once before a few years ago when he had pink eye, worked well then too.
    Its just that they give antibiotics for every little thing, and to find something that helps the body cure itself is great.
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• never dealt with it, but do know if you are nursing you can put it in the eye. as well as ue the breast milk for other eye irritations
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:25 PM on Jun. 25, 2010