A question about the 'new' Q&A

I will pick a best answer.

How to you reply / respond to someone elses answer. I only see a spot to report the answer. Is it only the OP that can reply to peoples answes?

youngmom33

Asked by youngmom33 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Answers aren't threaded, if that's what you're asking. If you want to address someone's answer, standard practice is to copy and paste the part of their answer you want to address (and the line with their user name and timestamp if you have room). Skip a line and then put your comment below that.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• The orangeish colored box means you are the OP. Your reply will still be under whoever answered last before you.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 2:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• NotPanicking

well I see on a question that I was just on that the op replied to an answer but it was like connected. Like if I could figure it out. My reply to you would be right under your answer in a orangeish colored box.
    youngmom33

Comment by youngmom33 (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• that's strange.... you see how it it a part of your answer
    youngmom33

Comment by youngmom33 (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I just use the persons Screenname and post my response to that person. It works easiest for me. I don't like to copy and paste what they have said, sometimes it takes up all my answer space.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 2:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• It looks the same as before, the replies are in order. Only now you can see the OP responses because they're orange.
    luvmycutebaby

Answer by luvmycutebaby at 2:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Ok, well I like the orange box but I wish we could respond to a particular persons answer like we can in posts.

youngmom33

Comment by youngmom33 (original poster) at 2:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You can not reply to a certain person. The OP is the only one thats in the orangish color box so that way we all know its the OP. In order to answer right after someone you have to actually be the next answerer.
    tanya777

Answer by tanya777 at 10:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010