How do you go camping?

We camp in a tent. I feel like using a camper or a motor home is "cheating" in a way lol.

sk_tennyson

Asked by sk_tennyson at 2:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Tent all the way baby! When I mentioned camping to my husband in a tent he was horrified. He has never camped in a tent only campers and rented cabins and he refuses to change that. He doesn't like sleeping outside or on the ground. Its not real camping unless its in a tent in my opinion.

mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• we camp in a tent but use a air mattress i just cant sleep on the hard ground
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 2:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We use a tent, I'd love a camper but we don't have any where to store one. We also go to an old house my in-laws own. Its like camping, very little electricity, no running water or heat.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I spent many nights tent camping. We still go tent camping especially ulta-light camping on the Appalachian Trail. However, I feel I have done my time sleeping on the ground, on a foam mattress, or on an inflatable mattress. I am 51 years old. My camping is back in the sight, plug into the pedestal, hook up the water, fire up the hot water heater, crank up the AC, and relax. Yes, we do the motor home camping now. But, we still have our tents, our ulta-light equipment and several times a year whether it is winter or summer, we are camping in the tents, roughing it with the Boy Scouts.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• we use a pop up, once a year, I hate camping!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• We use tents and tarps.
    When we lived in ME our favorite place to camp was the Apache Campground because you never saw or heard the other campers in the area....it was all woods and there was a lake nearby. It was gorgeous and wonderful!
    Here in VA we would have to travel at least 2 hours to find a decent place to go camping. Within one hour of us is all the "touristy" campgrounds for RV's and some of them have tent platforms that are rinky-dink, not to mention so close together that you would hear your camping neighbor farting in the middle of the night!
    We haven't been camping in years and I miss it so much!!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 2:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Call me a cheater, but I find a hotel with a pool and don't do any cooking or cleaning! We rented a cabin at a lake one year, but packing all the stuff almost made me want to call it off. We did the tent thing once, and after that I told my husband to sell the tent. I grew up on a ranch, and I think I had my fill of "roughing it" before I was an adult.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2010