Have you done this??

At Walmart and a lady 2 carts ahead of me forgets something so she leaves her 2 year old and infant to run and get it totally out of sight. I'm sure she asked the cashier to keep an eye on them but still. I would have just made a trip back to the store later. We are not in a small neighborly town. My kids would have flipped put. Have you ever done that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Never. I will take my whole cart with me or I'll say screw it and get it another time.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I NEVER would have done that- I would have gotten entirely out of line and got what I needed WITH my kid.
    When I was a cashier there though this happened a few times...people would ask me to watch their kid while they ran to get someting.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• That is just crazy. There is this family of kids who attend our church. The gramma always brings them on sunday and on Wednesday nights for the dinner and bible school. Anyways, the mother dropped them off one night recently and no one came to pick them up, the gramma was busy taking care of her sick hubby. A neighbor of the girls was there and the girls dad wasn't answering his phone in the barn (they live on a large dairy farm). Anyways, when the youngest girl was just a month or so old the mother was shopping out of state and was at the check out counter in a department store and asked the clerk if she would watch the baby for a minute, she had to go get something. 4 or 5 hours later!!!!! she showed back up. I have no idea how the mom got the baby back from CYS. But can you imagine???
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Hell no.
    MommyBoha

Answer by MommyBoha at 2:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• heck no that is just insane...i dont trust no one with my kids and let alone a casher or a perosn around here that is insane
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 2:42 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• no

never
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 2:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No. That's crazy! Why not just wheel her kid with her?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Not a chance! Especially at the walmart. The most I've done it run to the ice cream freezer (my kids were 10, 8, and 3) at my local grocery store, but that was directly behind the register, only about 10 steps away (and I know the cashier). I never lost sight of one of my kids. And I would NEVER do that with babies.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 2:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• wouldnt of done that either...even if you did ask the cashier to watch the child, whats the cashier gonna do if he flips out of the cart? whats the cashier gonna do if someone kidnapps the child? she can watch the child, yes but not handle the child
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• No way!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd either take the buggy and my children with me or not get the item at all. Nothing is THAT important to risk losing my children.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010