What would you do?

If your teen son, constantly tells you that he has been feeling someone sitting next to him on the bed at night and he's loosing alot of sleep because of it? He says its not freaking him out that much but that it is kinda weird. Anyone not believe in this sort of thing happening? It has been going on for a while, my son is a pretty normal 14 year old, very chilled, easy to get along with, no behavior issues so I don't think that he would just make this up. I am not sure as to what to say to him, I did tell him he can come to our room and wake me up but never does.

LuvmyFam6

Asked by LuvmyFam6 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My daughter said the same thing to me for many years as a child way into her teen years, she didn't feel threaten or scared so it was ok. It is probably his guardian angel.

Answer by older at 2:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• IDK. Is he asleep when he feels it or is the feeling waking him up? I would probably just tell him to ignore it and hope it goes away.
    oboe_chik

Answer by oboe_chik at 2:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• You mean like ghosts? Or a real person?

Answer by louise2 at 2:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I would assume he has some sort of spirit or ghost in his room, and that it's trying to either contact or care for him. In either situation I wouldn't think it was any danger. If it was it would already have tried to harm him. I would tell him to talk to it, ask it to make some kind of contact and maybe he can figure out who or what it is. If that's not enough you may want to contact some paranormal investigators or a local coven to come in and do a cleansing if you want it gone, or even if you just want some answers...

Good Luck!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yes i believe
    had a female spirit in my parents home, all four of us kids "knew" of her
    good thing he is not freaked out

as adult felt spirit in new old house i was moving into
    just me and some boxes, not moved in yet, felt it and said out loud as i put a picture of jesus up in the hall.. :If you can get along with this man, you are welcome to stay" at that moment the lightbulb blew out, not broke but went pop like when you turn one on, except it was already on...I said "well, I have lots of light bulbs" and went to get another, as I was screwing it in I said "Either get along with his man, or go to the light"..the light bulb went in and that was that..never told husband. A year later he woke in separate room, he saw smoke and smelled, ran out to me, asleep watching tv, he woke me, I saw and smelled smoke, husband had already stopped seeing smoke, but still smelled, we looked all over house=no fire=no smoke. sight
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My son said he's awake or at the verge of falling asleep when this happens. It started happening last year after his great grandma (whom he was very closed to) passed away. I didn't put 2 and 2 together until just recently when he told me that whatever was by his bed was not scaring him, so I suggested it was her watching over him. I told him that if at any point this "thing" scared him or he felt threaten by it, to ask it to go away and leave him alone. That's the only thing I could think of and I just got that from watching Paranormal State, LOL!
    LuvmyFam6

Comment by LuvmyFam6 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• sight of smoke gone almost immediately but smell stayed for a few minutes. husband did NOT tell me smoke when woke me, i saw and smelled on my own. he went to bed after hout of looking, i did not sleep, we both saw when waking in middle of night. I researched house history, the house had fire years back, do not know more about fire but there had been a family there that lost son in Korean War
    I think spirit was him, i think he was reliving fire
    spirits exist and you can tell them to leave you alone, they will still be there but are less intrusive

bad spirits= i have no idea, do not want to know about
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010