Can you take someone elses child to get their ear pierced? My daughters 14 year old friend thinks I'm taking her and my daughter together to get theirs done?

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 2:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• not that I am aware but but if you took my daughter without my permission this momma would be pressing charges!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• My BF's mom took her and me to get ours peirced together. I think she had to lie and say she was my mom though.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• ditto with kjbennett26! I don't think you are allowed since you have to sign a release.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 2:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think it varies by state. When we took our daughter, 3 at the time, to get her ears pierced, we had to have either her birth certificate and both mine and my husband's id's to prove we were the parents or have the consent form notarized and show our id's.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Every place I've been to has asked for a parent or legal guardian's signature (and ID) if the child is under 18, so I would say you wouldn't be able to. You'll have to just explain that she won't be able to get hers done unless her parent goes too. Explain how parents have to sign for them, etc.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Here in Ohio you havae to sign a release
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 2:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• well of course I wouldn't take her without talking to her mom, so calm down on the pressing charges crap
    staceynoel

Comment by staceynoel (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• NO-would yoou like it if your dd's friends mother took her to get a tattoo? or a nipple piercing?
    its not your child , and she is underage......dont do it.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:58 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I'm not sure, but personally even if it was legally okay, I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't want to be held even partially responsible should something go wrong.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:59 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Dont like my answer? Grow thicker skin or leave CM!!!!
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 25, 2010