What kind of present would you bring to a baby's Christening?

mompam

Asked by mompam at 3:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just had my son's Christening. We got checks which was really nice because we are putting the money in his college fund. We also got a really nice personalized security blanket from Baby Restoration Hardware. We got some really nice silver keepsakes like a monogramed silver cup and a silver pouch that he will use when he's older for the tooth fairy, really clever.
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I got Savings Bonds. I think that it is appropriate. The baby probably won't be able to use the rocking horse for at least a year. We got one when my Son was born and we kept moving it around until I finally stored it in one of the bedrooms. He was never interested in it. If you want to give a tangible gift then make it something that the New Parents can actually use. Maybe baby clothes, blankets or a baby monitor. Even a gift card to BabiesRUs would be good.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• For my friend's baby, I just gave them a check for the baby....some people do savings bonds.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• One of those little New Testement books that you can get where Bibles are sold. Sometimes you can find them in a baby blue, baby pink or soft white color that's just for babies. A cross necklace if its a girl.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If you are a close family friend then I would get a religious keepsake item--like a wall/display cross, childrens prayer book, jewelry--cross, medal, bracelet, etc., or a nice engraved picture frame with the child's name and Christening date engraved.

Otherwise, I would give a gift of at least $25.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I wouldn't feel right getting anything religious. I am not religious AT ALL. So bibles and crosses are out. I was thinking of a rocking horse. Is that weird?
    mompam

Comment by mompam (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I think b/c it is a religous event that I would bring a religious item, a keepsake for the baby
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I do gift cards.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• money and a card
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010