How much weight have you lost?

How long have you been able to keep it off and what made you successful?

shanlaree

Asked by shanlaree at 3:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• 60+ lbs in 1 year. Low sodium, low fat, no dairy diet. It works wonders. I stick to it because I had severe gallbladder attacks, and it's the diet that's kept them away and also with the weight loss and the amount of energy I have now, it's so worth it. I had to totally retrain my taste buds, and also learn what I could and could not eat, but now I eat really yummy food, lots of fresh fruits and veggies, and I still can have occasional treats like lowfat cookies and such.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:31 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Congrats!! I often wondered if it was true that we can re-train our tastebuds. Thanks for your response:)
    shanlaree

Comment by shanlaree (original poster) at 3:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Lets see, I am working on losing 40 and I am down 20 - I tried all the fad diets and pills and methods over the internet but now I have joined a weightloss center, its still really hard but I dont want to battle this forever and couldn't seem to do this on my own..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:34 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Great job! I've tried everything too, the only thing that really works is just eating right and working out. Although, I would love to believe more than anything that there is a magic weight loss pill out there somewhere. lol
    shanlaree

Comment by shanlaree (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have lost 67 lbs. I breastfed, and having a baby with allergic colitis ( no dairy, or dairy by product, casen, whey or whey protiene). Didn't leave a lot of choices. I also cut out soda, and really reading labels and like op said low sodium and retraining your taste buds. I juice a lot with my juicer. Try to do fruit and veg. together. Carrot and Cellary are good to mix with apple and orange juice. To keep the sugar down. GOOD LUCK!
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• One more thing that helps, is fiber supplement. even the store brand works just like a name brand. The average person has 20lbs of waste the lug around with them. Fiber helps strip the fat from your body. I hit a flat spot and started taking fiber everyday it helped getting the last few pounds off. My S.O told me about this lol GOOD LUCK AGAIN!
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I lost 65lbs in 9 months after I had my daughter. When I stopped breastfeeding I slowly gained 5 lbs back which brought me to my pre pregnancy weight.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I lost 35 lbs 2 years ago due to bereavement and have successfully kept it off.
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I've lost about 25 lbs. since Feb. My goal is to lose 60. I think the key to success is to not focus on "dieting" and make better choices when choosing what to eat. And exercise.
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 8:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I have just lost 50 lbs. It took me a little over a 6 month period. I walked, ran a few miles everyday with interval training. Changed my eating habits. Instead of having 2nds or 3rd helpings I only have one small plate, and I eat a lot of fruits and veggies. I stopped drinking pop, I will allow myself once in a while, and I allow myself to still have sweets too! So far I have been able to maintain my weight, and I still exercise daily, I walk now, and have just started to weight train also!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2010