Does this make you cry?

A friend came over last night and I told him about a story I saw on here about a couple trying to sell their baby at walmart for $25. and how when the police came to there house they were on meth. and then my friend said "That's nothing. I heard on the news a while back about a couple that sold their baby for 25lbs of weed and the people that got the baby put it in the microwave"
I walked back to my bathroom and started balling. My SO came back and held me while I cried really hard for a few minutes.
That's normal right? People still care right? It seems to me that since we've "heard it all" lots of people have no compassion or emotion when it comes to things like this. It makes me sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• A lot of things like that make me cry. I mean, I didn't just cry reading this post or anything, but if I read about that at the right (or wrong) time, I would probably cry. Things with children especially get to me. Now that I've had my own son, I'm even more compassionate towards children. Thinking of them suffering or in pain literally sends a pain through my chest.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Honestly. No it doesn't make me cry. It just reminds me that there are some truly sick and twisted people in this world.
    But to be fair.. I'm not a real emotional person, it takes a whole lot to make me cry.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Uh. I don't even know what to say.
    But no, that's not normal. People on drugs are selfish and ... horrible and disgusting. It shocks me. It doesn't make me cry - because yeah, a person HAS to toughen up their hearts a little or else we'd cry every day. That is really horrible and I hope everyone involved in the 'baby in the microwave' situation went to jail and got anally violated. That's just me.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't believe it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:35 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Oh, I really hope it's still normal for people to cry when hearing things like that! I saw a video a while back about a TERRIBLE child abuse case that had me crying for over a week
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I believe mompam - just because my friends exboyfriend went crazy on his new girlfriend and brutally murdered the girlfriend and her children - he put the youngest in the oven. It was on the news and everything. So I believe it happens. I just can't think about it.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I may not cry, but it really affects me. I wish I could kick the crap out of some people. :(
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I may feel disgusted, usually doubtful of the "urban legend" quality of the stories, but I don't go and ball over the story.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes, I cry about almost anything that has to do with hurting a child. I have to make myself stop reading about things like that at a certain point because I think about the poor baby or child so much that it even keeps me awake at night. My dh will come over and turn the computer off and tell me thats enough when I've come across stories such as those like Briana Lopez.
    It is human to feel the pain. I just wish there was something I could do to fix all the wrong that people have done to children.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Stories like that don't normally make me cry, but they do make me physcially ill -- sick to my stomach. I cannot bear the idea that anyone could treat a baby like that. I know it happens, but I cannot fathom it. If that makes sense....
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010