Is it possible to be nauseous without vomiting?

I am 6 weeks and have been nauseous and lightheaded for 3, but no vomitting... Does the nausia last without vomitting sometimes?

allfiller

Asked by allfiller at 3:37 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yeah I was that way for a while. Sometimes it makes you feel worse then if you were vomiting. Hope it ends soon! And congrats on your pregnancy.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 3:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• YEP! Welcome to morning sickness! :o) You can have that "butterflies in your stomach" feeling, a "woozy" or motion sickness feeling, or the "dry heaves!" Everyone told me I was going to have girls because of it, but I had boys! LOL Go figure! :o)

Vitamin B6 (over the counter) or "Sea Bands" (for motion sickness) will help greatly!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes. When I was pregnant I felt nauseous alot, but didn't vomit too much.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes and Yes. Drink some water or Ginger Ale and eat a cracker - Congrats Mom!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 3:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I lived on crackers and water for a long time cause of the nausea. Congrats hon!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I was nauseous a lot in my first 4 months but I did not vomit often.....maybe only 2-3 times during my whole pregnancy. So, yes, you can be nauseous without vomiting.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 3:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yeah....but it was later on in my pregnancy when I had it without vomitting. Early on I just go all out! Ugh!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yes oh my gosh yes you are not alone trust me. It happens my best thing to do is lie down and try to take deep breaths and relax cause if I don't it leads to vomiting so yes it can happen and it does I wake up nauseous every morning and sometimes I get up and get sick sometimes I don't so yes your not the only one. Good luck to ya.
    MrsMorton080508

Answer by MrsMorton080508 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• yes. with my first pregnancy i was a little nauseous for a few weeks and only vomited two times. w/ my 2nd pregnancy i was nauseous for about15 weeks with vomiting for about 10 weeks. :P it's possible that you won't vomit
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• A was very nauseous for the first 16 weeks when I was pregnant but I never vomited once. After that, I felt much better.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:40 PM on Jun. 25, 2010