How many abortions does someone have to get before you consider it 'unexceptable' or irresponsible'?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Unless it is medically neccessary I would also have to go with one. Getting birth control or using condoms isn't that difficult, so there really isn't a need for unprotected sex if you aren't trying to get pregnant. But to each their own, none of us have to live with the decision and consequences of aborting a pregnancy or several pregnancies. And might I just note that if a person is having more than one or two abortions their chances of even getting pregnant when they want to lessens, as abortions leave a lot of scar tissue which can lead to not being able to become pregnant.
    ProudScoutWife

Answer by ProudScoutWife at 3:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• One. unless it was medically or mentally necessary.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:48 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• One.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• More than one. I think people are allowed to make one mistake but if you keep making the same mistake over and over than it's unacceptable.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If they don't tell me they have had one or how many it is none of my business. If a person asks me their opinion about their abortions I would let them know I think having one for any reason other than to save her life was wrong. If someone doesn't like my opinion they should not ask.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 4:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• 2

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• ButMommie, define "mentally" necessary. I would argue that a woman who has had 20 abortions had all of the because they were mentally necessary. Women don't make this decision on a whim.

To me, more than two seems like it's just irresponsibility. If your birth control fails twice, and you know you don't want kids, it's time to go the abstinence route until you're ready to bring a child to term.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• More than one usually, but always depends on the circumstances
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:03 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• A woman can have 100 plus abortions and it would not be my place to judge why she made the PERSONAL REPRODUCTIVE DECISION she made. It's none of my business.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:04 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have to say I'm with KairisMama on this one. While people put in their religious thoughts, and of course on this site you have those TTC and maybe can't so there is some sensitivies, it's really not my business. I don't necessarily believe in abortion, but I think it's better than half the people carrying to term and raising those kids in crappy circumstances. (it's been proven the cycle continues in most circumstances) It's not an easy decision for many and while there are people who use abortions as birth control...do you really want those people with kids? And no, most people don't adopt...
    Pumelo

Answer by Pumelo at 4:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010