Anyone else think that text messaging was made for cowards?

I understand there are times when people need to send texts out of necessity, they are at work and don't have time for a conversation, they are sending info that is easier to text then call and relay the message and so on.
But to send a text to break up with someone or cancel plans is the utmost of rudeness and is the cowardly way...

My sister just texted me that she made other plans and isn't coming to my son's birthday party. She is not too busy to talk, she just didn't want to hear how disappointed I am in her. She always does this, she is a chicken and doesn't like confrontation at all, which I can understand...but come on.

Anyone else feel this way? Ugh!

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 3:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• I hate getting texts from people like that. I have a friend who used to do that all the time. Then, I logged onto my phone account and blocked incoming texts from her and now she calls to break plans or say something. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I agree. I have never been big on text messaging.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I can see why you'd say that. But I like to text a lot when Im bored, just to see what my friends are up to and what not.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I totally agree, I know I'm a coward =))
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 3:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Sometimes...I prefer to text but wouldn't use it to break plans or for anything other than general conversation
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:55 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

•  Your sister should have had the courtesy to call you.  I personally think it's RUDE to text people.  People are too busy to pick up the phone and say hello?  I think many people just text because there is not commitment, they say what they feel needs to be said and they are done.  Are people really that busy to pick up the phone and say hi how are you??

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 5:19 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Yes.
    Serenity75

Answer by Serenity75 at 3:50 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I don't think texting is for cowards, maybe just your sister is a coward...?
    allfiller

Answer by allfiller at 3:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I am totally cool with texting for fun, but to break plans is crappy...
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 3:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I got rid of my high minute plan and went for the text messaging b/c its cheaper. I usually only use it to talk to the kids. Plus its cheaper for them to talk to their friends, they are both in high school. I would never cancel plans or change plans without a call. OR,,,I would call the person right back and ask them whats up?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2010