So what the does he want from me?

So im trying to keep my cool with my guy, he works a frustrating job 5-6 days a week from 7-3 and on occasion works nights, i also work 2 nights on weekends . he is responsible for the larger bills bc he makes twice what i make, and i use my pay for house hold items and misc bills. but he needs to make up his mind! he has a movie fetish lol, we dont have cable so he rents a movie from the redbox almost every day, and also buys movies every few weeks or so, and he smokes cigs, not excessively, but maybe about $20 a week, and this doesnt bother me except for when he starts getting all depressed about money, saying how he needs to start something to generate money, or that we need to save more and so on, he gets himself all depressed when his bank acct gets low, but when i bring up the extra spending, he just justifies why he should be able to spend it on things he enjoys. im like thats fine so why complain if u got what u want?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• if you have an arrangement regarding the bills and you are both paying the shares you agreed to... as far as the additional spending, stay out of it. when he gripes it's not your job to make him feel better. he has heard you. surely he's considered that and come to the conclusion that he wants to spend his money on movies and cigarettes. if at some point you have a common goal to save toward together, just make it part of the bills and let him figure out what to do with the rest...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:45 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Sounds like he just wants to complain. He could be frustrated in other areas and taking it out on the money situation.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:11 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I read just a few weeks ago that in a top ten relationship disagreements MONEY is right up there. Men worry more about money then women do now-days. But also men are the ones that buy the extras and then stress about it. I look at it this way i work my ass off my bills are paid and my DD has everything and then some that she needs. So if i buy something for myself then so be it. If my Hubby buys something for himself then so be it. I got food on the table, roof over our heads and bills are paid. Why don't you figure out how much he spends in a week on movies and then look into how much cable would be see what is less expensive i will almost bet it's the cable and then you two split the cost.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2010