If you found out you were pregnant just before you filed for a divorce, what would you do?

Assuming the marriage would not be fixable...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Relationships

• It depends on the reason for the marriage's failure, but if abuse was involved I'd definitely want to go through with it and get as far away as possible. Of course, in some sates you can't legally divorce if you are pregnant.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Go through with the divorce, of course.

But I don't think this would happen to me... if our relationship was so messed up that we were on the verge of divorce we wouldn't be having sex lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• leave start over, est residency where I will be living.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Continue with the divorce. A baby isn't going to make an unfixable situation better.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 4:12 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• File for the divorce, figure out a way to support the baby and myself.
    Tes...Jacksmami

Answer by Tes...Jacksmami at 4:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• get an abortion and file for divorce
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 4:16 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• idk what i would do i think i would try to work it out one last time and if not divorce
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 4:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• maybe you had sex, then something happend to make the divorce happen? anyway i would i follow what i thought would be the best route for myself and the kid(s). Don't do something "just for the kids" because if your not happy with it, then things are not the best for the kids. (i hope that makes some sense). Hugs to you and I hope you find happiness in whatever you decide to do.
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 4:17 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Ya i would have to agree with ati13 if the relationship is beyond repair then having sex wouldn't be happening in a whike.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:18 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• I have been raising my kids alone for 7 yrs. I dont regret a second of my children and I moving forward. Nor have I ever wished either one was not there. They are the glue that held me together when the world came crashing down around us.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:20 PM on Jun. 25, 2010