regular oatmeal & 12 month old

i fed my baby regular oatmeal last night and he had a hard time sleeping, woke up every 30 minutes for a few hours then just woke up fully around 2am and stayed up until 6 or 7 this morning... i was just wondering if it was possible that the regular oatmeal made him sick? he seemed very over hyper and upset. the only reason why i used regular oatmeal was because we were out for the night and had to wait till today to get him new stuff.

mandie_jean

Asked by mandie_jean at 4:13 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hmm.. Not sure. My lil guy loves oatmeal. Maybe he just ate too much and had a belly ache.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 4:14 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Regular oatmeal is very filling. He could of had cramping and not been comfortable. Was it the instant flavored stuff by chance? It has sugar and dairy product in there. maybe he got a little too much energy.
    1nglmom3

Answer by 1nglmom3 at 7:46 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• At 12 months, if your baby tolerates baby oatmeal then there should be no problems with regular oatmeal. It shouldn't have made any difference, unless you gave the type w/ added sugar and such. I start giving regular oatmeal at about 7 months. It could be that your LO just had a bad night, is teething, or may be getting sick...
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Dunno. I switched my kids over around that time and they did great. But I stuck with the unflavored version for a bit first.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:39 PM on Jun. 25, 2010