If you live in la... would you (about hurricane)

So I live in Baton Rouge La. I have a very strong feeling that I should leave just to on the safe said if it does hit near us. Everything I am learning is making me kinda sick with worry.. I have to young children to protect. Would you leave? How far would you go? I am thinking about staying with family in Northern Oklahoma. Do you think that is far enough to be safe?

midnight11287

Asked by midnight11287 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in General Parenting

• I live in IL and I hate that every severe thunderstorm we have I worry about tornados. I grew up in CA and would take an earthquake over tornados anyday....and i'd take them over hurricanes as well! I would move the heck out of there!
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:27 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Before I had my daughter, I did not evacuate hurricanes (stayed for Katrina and Gustav).
    Now that I have my daughter, I am most definitely going to evacuate if we are told to. I will go stay with family in Kentucky.
    Yes, I think if you have children, then you need to evacuate WITH them .. not just send them with other family members.
    And Yes, I think Northern Oklahoma would be fine. I don't think they have ever gone that far North [but I may be wrong].
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 4:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• well, unfortunately we cant move yet.. :( But, the reason I am so scared is bc of the oil spill and the effects will have
    midnight11287

Comment by midnight11287 (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Jun. 25, 2010