what do you do when you find foreign objects in you food?

When buying food through the drive thru? Like hair or fingernails or whatever?
Last night my family and I went to Wendys and ordered 4 frostys they are on sale for a dollar (theybwere tiny) I would have rather bought ice cream at the store for that amount. Anyway here we are enjoying our Frostys when my dd finds a fingernail...ew...we all gross out bc we don't if it fell in only hers or it could have been in the ice cream machine and as they served it it just so happened to come out. Well today my dh called to speak to the manager he just told her to be aware of this. We all ate ours...lol but that was before we knew about the nail :(
my dd threw hers away just had a little before. OH that is so nasty I guess it is true how the saying goes no matter what WHAT YOU DON'T know don't hurt...lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I would go in and complain and then call the district manager. ew!

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 4:43 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• That's really gross.
    I would have gone back immediately and asked for our money back. I probably wouldn't have eaten there ever again.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Having worked in food service, I would have asked for a refund and/or replacement. In this example, refund only!
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:51 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• After puking , I would ask for a refund and tell them how disgusting they are!
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 4:52 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• If I'm not far away I'd go back and ask for my money back. I would be discreet, but absolutely talk to the manager and get his/her name.
    If I'm farther away and don't feel like going back, I'd do what your dh did, but also write a letter of complaint (asking that manager where to write to).
    If I'm in a restaurant, I send the food back and ask that we don't pay the bill. If it's grocery store food, I take it back.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:53 PM on Jun. 25, 2010

• Ewwwwww...I hate hearing stories like these, but unfortunately it happens. There is a lot of trust involved when going out to eat, A LOT!
    I honestly never call or do anything. I just stop going there. Funny thing is we have two free frosty's at Wendy's-we were going to get them for the kids after my sons baseball game. Haha!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2010